Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorney
At Cefali & Cefali, we are experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Irvine, CA, serving Orange County and the surrounding area. We understand the impact a pedestrian accident can have on victims’ lives, and we’re here to help them fight for justice and financial compensation. Our team of Irvine Pedestrian Accident Attorneys is dedicated to protecting our client’s rights and helping them secure the best possible result in their cases.
If you or someone you care about has suffered an injury in an accident involving a driver, our attorneys at Cefali & Cefali have the knowledge and experience to successfully handle your case. Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Irvine, CA take on cases involving all types of injuries suffered by pedestrians as they cross streets, walk on sidewalks, and use other areas shared with drivers. We also work closely with insurance companies to ensure that our clients receive fair compensation for their claims.
Our Orange County personal injury law firm offers free consultations so that clients can discuss their situation with an experienced personal injury lawyer who will explain their legal options. We strive to keep all of our clients informed throughout each step of the process so that they know what is happening in their case at all times. During this time, we will assess any damages or losses sustained due to the collision as well as review medical records related to any injuries our client may have sustained during the incident.
Our legal team is committed to providing superior service throughout each case from start to finish. As experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Irvine, California, we understand how stressful these types of accidents can be for victims and their families — which is why we work hard to ensure quick results within a reasonable timeframe. We understand that no two cases are alike; this dedication allows us to tailor our approach based on each individual’s unique needs and goals.
When it comes to representing those injured in a pedestrian accident, there is no one better than Cefali & Cefali for handling your claim throughout California or Orange County. Our Irvine Pedestrian Accident Lawyers have extensive experience representing pedestrians who have been injured due to another driver’s negligence – whether it was from distracted driving, careless driving behaviors such as speeding, drunk driving, or other causes of negligent behavior while operating a motor vehicle on California roads. The result? Clients get fair compensation for injury-related costs such as lost wages or medical bills that may be owed following an accident caused by another driver’s negligence – no matter if you are a resident of California or just passing through Irvine, CA on vacation or business travel!
Don’t let someone else’s error leave you without adequate compensation after being injured in an accident while crossing a street – contact our law firm today! With decades worth of combined experience handling claims like yours throughout the California courts, our team of dedicated Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Irvine will work diligently on behalf of your best interests — ensuring that your case receives expert attention from start to finish so that you get the outcome you deserve!
What Are Some Common Causes of Pedestrian Injuries in Irvine, CA?
Pedestrian injuries are unfortunately all too common in Irvine, California. While many of these accidents are simply unavoidable and no one is at fault, some of them can be attributed to negligence or recklessness on the part of pedestrians, drivers, or both. Knowing what causes pedestrian injuries can help you understand who could potentially be liable if you’re ever involved in an accident as a pedestrian.
Here are some of the most common causes of pedestrian injuries in Irvine, California:
• Traffic: Cars moving through intersections often fail to look out for pedestrians crossing the street and can cause serious injury if a collision occurs. Pedestrians should always follow traffic signals and crosswalks when crossing the street and drivers should always keep an eye out for people walking near roads.
• Jaywalking: Crossing the street without following traffic lights or a designated crosswalk can result in serious injury if a vehicle collides with a pedestrian while they are jaywalking. Drivers should also be aware that pedestrians may not always obey traffic signals and take extra caution when driving through intersections.
• Hit and Run Accidents: A hit-and-run driver may leave the scene after hitting a pedestrian, leaving them with no recourse for medical attention or legal action afterward. In these cases, there is usually little information available about who was at fault for the accident unless witnesses are present or surveillance footage is available.
• Fault Determination: Generally speaking, any incident involving a pedestrian being hurt by a motor vehicle must have fault determined in order to assign liability correctly. Factors such as speed, visibility, intoxication, or distraction on behalf of either party involved can affect who is ultimately held responsible for damages resulting from an accident involving both cars and pedestrians.
• Reckless Driving: The careless operation of any motor vehicle is dangerous not just to other cars but also to pedestrians nearby. Driving recklessly can include anything from excessive speeding to running red lights or stop signs without proper caution given to other people on foot nearby who could be injured if struck by a car going too fast.
• Texting & Cell Phone Use: Distracted drivers pose significant risks to pedestrians due to their lack of attention while operating their vehicles; using cell phones while driving has been proven repeatedly to increase accident risks significantly, regardless of whether anyone else is around or not. Pedestrians should always stay aware when near roads and pay extra attention when crossing streets so that they are prepared for any distracted drivers that may be present on the roadways nearby.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrian accidents are some of the most devastating types of accidents and can cause serious injury or death. Unfortunately, the injuries sustained from such accidents are often severe and life-changing. As pedestrian accident lawyers in Irvine, CA, we want to inform victims about the different types of injuries that can result from a pedestrian accident.
Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are one of the most common and serious injuries associated with pedestrian accidents. These can range from mild concussions to more serious damage involving bleeding in the brain or swelling in the skull. Brain injuries can have long-term effects including memory loss, vision trouble, balance problems, headaches, and dizziness.
Broken Bones: Since pedestrians are not protected by anything such as a seat belt or airbag like drivers, they can suffer broken bones in their arms, legs, pelvis, or ribs due to blunt force trauma during an accident. Oftentimes, victims may also suffer lacerations or fractures due to broken glass when a vehicle window shatters upon impact.
Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries are another very serious type of injury resulting from a pedestrian accident as they usually involve nerve damage which can lead to paralysis and other permanent disabilities. Victims may experience a loss of sensation or movement in their limbs as well as chronic pain, depending on the severity of their injury.
Internal Organ Damage: Depending on how hard someone is hit by a car, there may be less obvious internal organ damage that is not visible right away but can still be very serious in nature. Such damage could include lacerations to vital organs like the heart, lungs, or kidneys which will require immediate medical attention if left untreated and could prove fatal.
Soft Tissue Damage: Soft tissue bruises such as contusions and sprains are common when pedestrians get into accidents due to how exposed they are compared to drivers who have protection from an airbag or seatbelt. It is important for victims to seek medical attention for these types of injuries as soon as possible, even if it does not appear severe at first, because soft tissue damage can often worsen over time if left untreated, leading to further complications down the line.
At Cefali & Cefali we understand how devastating these types of accidents can be for both victims and their families and strive to help them get justice for any losses suffered due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness. We understand that no amount of money will make up for what has been lost, but our goal is to ensure that those responsible pay fair compensation so that victims don’t have to bear all the financial burden alone. If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident please contact us today so we can provide you with legal guidance throughout your case.
Damages in Pedestrian Accidents in California
Pedestrians are some of the most vulnerable road users, so when they are involved in an accident with a vehicle, the consequences can be devastating. If you or someone you know has been injured in such an incident, it is important to understand the potential damages that may be recoverable under California law and the statute of limitations that applies to these types of cases. Here, the Irvine pedestrian accident attorneys explain what damages might be available and what time limits apply to filing a legal claim after an accident.
What Damages Might Be Available?
Under California law, a pedestrian who has been hurt by a negligent motorist may be able to pursue certain economic and non-economic damages through a personal injury lawsuit. These damages might include:
• Medical expenses – including hospital bills, doctor visits, physical therapy costs, medical devices, medications, and more
• Lost income (both past and future) – if your injuries have negatively impacted your ability to work
• Pain and suffering – a way to compensate you for emotional distress caused by an accident
• Funeral and burial expenses if the victim died as a result of their injuries
• Property damage if any items are destroyed or damaged in an incident
• Loss of consortium if the victim’s spouse suffered from decreased quality of life due to their partner’s injuries
What Should You Do if You are Hit by a Car?
Nobody ever expects to be hit by a car, but unfortunately, pedestrian-involved collisions occur more often than you may think. In the event of a pedestrian accident, it is essential to take all required steps to safeguard your rights and ensure you obtain the deserved compensation. Here are some of the steps that you should take if you are hit by a car:
• Seek Medical Treatment: After an accident involving a vehicle and a pedestrian, it is important to seek medical treatment right away. Even if you don’t think that your injuries are serious or visible, you may have internal trauma or other medical issues that require medical attention. Receiving prompt medical care can help document your injuries for legal purposes and provide evidence for any insurance claim that may arise from the incident.
• Gather Evidence: If possible, try and obtain as much evidence from the scene of the crash as possible. Take pictures or videos of any visible property damage or bodily injuries, get contact information from any potential witnesses, and write down details about the crash while they are still fresh in your mind.
• File A Police Report: It is important to file an official police report after being involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. This report may be used later on during any legal proceedings related to your crash; furthermore, many insurance companies require an accident report before they can process any claim related to the incident.
• Contact An Experienced Pedestrian Accident Attorney: If you have been involved in a pedestrian collision due to somebody else’s negligence, contact an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer right away who will stand up for your rights and make sure that justice prevails on your behalf. The attorneys at Cefali & Cefali are highly experienced when it comes to handling these types of cases and will fight tirelessly on behalf of their clients in order to ensure they receive maximum compensation for their suffering.
If you have been involved in a pedestrian-vehicle collision due to somebody else’s negligence, then do not hesitate to contact Cefali & Cefali for assistance with filing an insurance claim or protecting your legal rights. Our team of experienced Irvine, CA Pedestrian Accident Lawyers will work diligently on behalf of our clients so that they receive full justice for their suffering following such a traumatic experience.
Why Trust Cefali & Cefali In Your Pedestrian Accident Case?
At Cefali & Cefali, we have a proven track record of success in the case of pedestrian accidents. Our experienced personal injury lawyers strive to make sure our clients receive the best possible outcome in their cases, using their knowledge and expertise to secure fair compensation for all victims. We understand that every person’s situation is different, so our team works hard to tailor each case to the individual’s needs and ensure an optimal settlement.
Our dedication to providing excellent service means we’ll go far beyond the standard consultation process. We work hard to get to know our clients on a personal level and provide them with customized legal advice and strategies designed to get them the results they deserve. Our attorneys are known for their knowledgeable yet friendly approach, always putting their client’s interests first.
At Cefali & Cefali, we make sure no stone is left unturned when it comes to ensuring a successful claim. We take pride in having helped many people in Irvine, CA get full compensation for wrongful injuries or fatalities caused by pedestrian accidents, so you can trust us when it comes to protecting your rights and getting you the best possible settlement.
Speak With Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Irvine, CA
The Irvine personal injury attorneys at Cefali & Cefali are available to answer any questions you may have regarding your case and help you explore the best legal path forward. We understand that such an incident can be a traumatic experience for both you and your family, and we will provide our full support every step of the way.
Our team of personal injury lawyers in Irvine is highly experienced in addressing these issues in Irvine and throughout California, so you can trust us to do everything we can to get you the financial recovery that you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian accident, call us for a free case evaluation. Our personal injury attorney understands the risks associated with such an incident and will work hard to ensure everyone involved receives proper compensation for their injuries. The important thing is that you don’t wait too long—time limits may apply depending on your situation, so it’s important to reach out as soon as possible.
At Cefali & Cefali, we strive to provide top-notch legal services that prioritize justice and fairness, helping our clients obtain the funds they need for medical bills and other expenses related to their case. Our goal is simple: To help people achieve their desired outcome while avoiding the stress associated with these difficult circumstances.
We believe strongly in our mission of providing exceptional legal counsel while making sure everyone involved gets the recovery they deserve after such an unfortunate event. So if you’re looking for expert representation backed by years of experience, contact our office today for more information about how our pedestrian accident lawyers in Irvine, CA can help get your life back on track following a traumatic incident like this one.